This is 25
photos by Catherine Palladino
Friday was my 25th birthday. I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my family who came to visit! I wanted to give you all a little peek into what my life looks like at this point. I'm so happy with where I'm at and look forward to reading this back in the future!
1. I HAVE WRINKLES! Not major ones, but little creases under my eyes have started to appear lately. I'm fighting them with everything in my power (aka ALL of the skincare), but they are definitely there.
2. I don't go out. I was waiting in line to meet my cousin at a bar this past weekend and ended up having a conversation with the dude behind me about how this was probably the 4th time I had been out all year. At the end of a long day, I'm tired and prefer to have a glass of wine at home with my boyfriend while we watch Netflix or Hulu. On the off chance that I do go out, I drive and only drink one G&T so that I can leave when I damn well please. Besides, Ubers get expensive.
3. I love trash TV. Okay, some trash TV. Okay, just Jersey Shore. I can't stop watching old episodes and am seriously looking forward to the return of Jersdays with the arrival of the new season!
4. I've always been the kind of person who prefers Fall and Winter, but for whatever reason, I can't stop daydreaming about warmer weather and cute summer clothes this year.
5. I have baby fever?!?! Okay, I don't know if I actually have baby fever, but I'm certainly warming up to the idea of someday being a mother and having a little one to look after.
6. I am actively trying to declutter my home. We've lived in the same apartment for 3 years, but will most likely be moving next spring! When the time comes, I don't want to feel like I'm scrambling and trying to organize and toss things unnecessarily.
7. I'm going to be a maid of honor! My sister is getting married in December and I'm heading up her group of bridesmaids. I can't wait to celebrate with her. (Waterproof mascara will be a must for all wedding activities.)
8. I want a dog SO bad. I spend most of days looking at (and crying over) pictures and videos of puppies online. I love my kitties, but I can't wait until we are living somewhere dog friendly.
9. I think I'm starting to realise that I'm more of a confident introvert than an extrovert.
10. I honestly thought that by now, I would know exactly what I'm doing and have everything all figured out. But, I'm beginning to see that NO ONE has all the answers or can see the future. And that's okay.
11. Even though I have no clue what I'm doing, I feel like I am living my most authentic life and am excited to feel the most "me" version of me that I've ever felt.
12. I still feel like a kid. A much more tired kid, but a kid nonetheless.
13. I haven't finished college. (Did you know that I've attended 5 different schools so far?) But, I would eventually like to finish out my degree. I probably only have about a year left. I just need to find the time and the money to make it happen.
14. I'm satisfied with the fact that my life isn't perfect - it's not even close to how it appears online, but I'm cool with that. I get to choose what to share and what to keep to myself.
15. I'm still in love with music and I am always looking for new artists to check out. (Leave me some suggestions in the comments!) I'm hoping to attend as many concerts this summer as I can. Let me know if you want to join! :)
16. I'm still dealing with chronic hives, but thankfully, I've found a solution that seems to work. At least temporarily. I get a Xolair shot in both of my arms once a month in order to keep them from flaring up.
17. I live with my boyfriend and our two cats in our little apartment in Pittsburgh. It's super cute, but we are definitely beginning to outgrow it! I spend a lot of time on Zillow looking at my potential future homes.
18. I love my city. Even though I would love to move away for a few years and experience somewhere new, I am seriously in love with Pittsburgh. Our creative community is booming and I am so proud of myself and all of my friends for find ourselves here.
19. I'm going to start bullet journaling! My mom recently gave me a bullet journal and a collection of gorgeous pens and I am really excited to give this craft a go. Here's hoping it will help me to be more organized!
20. My parents and my grandparents also went above and beyond and purchased a gorgeous new camera for me for my birthday gift! It's an Olympus PEN E-PL8 and because it's much smaller than my DSLR, I'm planning on taking it with me on a daily basis and starting to get into the habit of capturing everything.
21. My vision is awful. It seems like every day it gets worse. I've got a constant headache from looking at my laptop screen through an outdated prescription. (This is also my "note to self" to remember to order new glasses.)
22. I'm making bolder fashion choices. I feel really blessed to have friends who care about the same things as me and who encourage me to make style selections that I would never have been brave enough to make in the past.
23. I'm rediscovering my love for reading! I'll give the credit for this one to my Grandma for getting me a subscription to the Book of the Month box. So now, I get a new hardcover delivered to me every month! (Again, not a sponsorship, just a really awesome gift!)
24. I have 6 tattoos now! I got my latest, a crescent moon, on my actual birthday! I took my mom and my sister to get their firsts on the same day!
25. I haven't gotten any better at writing lists since last year!