We're all familiar with the idea of saving things you like to "boards" and curating collections of life goals thanks to Pinterest. This concept is nothing new. But, the idea is powerful and can really help you to manifest your true desires. This past week, after a workout, I sat down with a few friends and we made more traditional vision (or dream) boards. Yep! We gathered all of the necessary bits and bobs, sat on the floor, and set to work on carving out our futures.
Vision boards are a great way to put the Law of Attraction to work! Now, I'm a big fan of Pinterest, don't get me wrong. But, it's easy to pin your day away and then put your phone in your pocket and never look at the board again. When you make a physical, tangible, collage of your goals, you need to put it on display! I currently have mine propped on my desk so that I can see it every day and be reminded of what I want to achieve.
So, let's get into the fun! Here are the steps you need to take to create your vision board!
1. Set the mood. We played music and cleansed the air with palo santo to boost our creativity.
2. Gather your "ingredients". Here's what you'll need.
- Magazines - we had a huge stack! (You can also use photographs, excerpts from books, printed out pins from Pinterest, or anything that brings you inspiration.)
- A glue stick - be sure that it will dry clear to eliminate any unnecessary mess.
- Scissors - nice and sharp!
- Foam Core Board - any size will do.
3. Decisions, decisions. Now is the time to sit and think. What do you REALLY want? Block out what the media and your influences think you should want. Focus in on what your goals are as you sift through your magazines and only pull words, symbols, and images that directly relate to what you want your life to look like. (ex. I included an image of a chic piece of luggage to represent my desire to travel.) When you're creating a vision board, you only have a certain amount of space to work with. I find this helpful in narrowing down your true goals because you simply can't fit everything.
4. Plan it out! Cut out the bits you want to include and start thinking about how they can work together. Be sure to plan out your board and get all of the pieces in place BEFORE you start glueing. This may seem like an unnecessary step, but you want everything to fit together perfectly and leave no board showing!
5. Glue it down! Once you are happy with the placement of your words and images and how they flow, secure them to the board! This is it. You're committing to your goals and making them happen! You should feel very proud.
6. Make it visible. The most important step in creating your vision board is finding somewhere prominent to display it. The more you see your goals, the more you will consciously and subconsciously start working toward them.
I can't wait to look back on my board in 1 year and see how much of it I manifested into reality! If you create a vision board, let me know in the comments what you're putting on yours! I'd love to know.